Zinc Lozenges is Pharma Nord's Bio-InfluZinc + C supplement containing organically bound bio-available zinc and a natural source of vitamin C from Acerola cherry extract. Zinc and Vitamin C contribute to the normal function of the immune system, and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
InfluZinc lozenges ensure fast delivery of the active ingredients to the mucous membranes in the oral cavity and throat, they dissolve slowly in the mouth and have a pleasant orange flavour. High, acute intake of Influ-Zinc may be useful for brief periods of 7-10 days, depending on the circumstances.
Why Pharma Nord Bio-InfluZinc + C supplement:
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- Contains active ingredients from natural sources.
- Acerola cherries are known for their exceptionally high vitamin C content, 30 times that of an orange!
- IMMUNE Balance plus - documented product quality and bio-availability.
What does Zinc do?
Zinc is an essential mineral and a trace element that is primarily found in cells and, to a lesser extent, in cellular fluid throughout the body. For instance, our white and red blood cells contain a substantial amount of zinc. Together with copper, zinc is an important constituent of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD).
Zinc has many different functions in the human body and supports about 200 different enzymes, including enzymes that are necessary for metabolizing nutrients and enzymes that are important for translation and expression of genetic coding. These are some of the most important functions of zinc:
- Contributes to a normal well-functioning immune system.
- Part of normal DNA-synthesis and cell specialisation.
- Contributes to protecting cells from oxidative stress.
- Contributes to normal vitamin A metabolism.
- Contributes to a normal acid-base balance.
- Support the maintenance of normal nails, bones, hair, skin and vision.
Zinc is non-toxic in limited quantities. A high intake of zinc for extended periods (10-30 times RDA) may cause copper deficiency. Simultaneous intake of zinc and iron may have a negative influence on the body's zinc absorption. A high calcium intake may also reduce the body's uptake of zinc.
What does Vitamin C do?
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, which was given the name ascorbic acid, when it was discovered. The term refers to the fact that it is an acid that prevents scurvy. Vitamin C has also other important functions such as:
- Supporting a normal well-functioning immune system.
- Protecting the body's cells against oxidative stress.
- Contributing to reducing fatigue and tiredness.
- Supporting a normal energy metabolism.
- Supporting a normal fucntioning of the nervous system.
- Helping regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E in the body.
- Contributing to normal psychological function.
What is Acerola?
Acerola is a large (2-3 cm) cherry-like, pit-containing fruit that is cultivated in South America and the Caribbean. There are several different Acerola varieties. The wild fruit is rather sour, but the Influ-Zinc contains a refined version. Acerola's vitamin C content is extremely high and provides 1,500-3,000 mg of vitamin per. 100 g. In comparison, an orange provides around 40-50 mg of vitamin C per 100 gram.
How much should you take?
Pharma Nord recommends 3-6 pastilles per day at the onset of a cold, continue for betweek 7 to 10 days or when symptoms subside or as directed by a physician.
Place the pastille in the mouth. Suck on the pastille until it is completely dissolved.
Are there any adverse effectes from taking Bio-InfluZinc + C?
There are no known adverse effects or drug contra-indications.
Pregnant or lactating women and those on medication should consult a doctor before using any product.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 25 February, 2015.